2017 Ford Super Duty F250/F350 Stock Front Bumper Removal
A common question we get here is "how do I remove my stock front bumper" and of course being a leader in aftermarket parts & accessories we know a thing or two about getting a truck apart.
Like with all Super Duty owners, having a stock truck for your off-road adventures just isn't enough because we keep wanting to push it to the limits so with that being said, here is a step by step guide on how to safely remove your stock front bumper:
- Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the emergency brake.
- We recommend reading through the installation instructions in whole before performing the work.
- Estimated Installation Time: 2 Hours
- You will need the following tools:
- 15mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- 3/4" Socket & Wrench
2017 Super Duty Bumper Removal
- Unplug the main fog light harness connector. This connector is located along the driver side frame rail underneath the truck. (Fig A)
- Use a 15mm Socket to remove the two bolts (per side) that secure the OEM bumper side supports. These bolts can be seen when looking into the wheel well, towards the front of the truck. Save these bolts for reuse. (Fig B)
- Remove the two plastic covers that sit around the tow hooks by unclipping the two top clips that hold them on. (Fig C)
- Use an 18mm Socket to remove the OEM bumper mounting bolts (4 per side) that are visible after removing the two small plastic covers. (Fig D)
- Remove the OEM front bumper.
- Use an 18mm to remove the tow hook mounting bolts (4 per side), then remove the tow hooks. (Fig E)
- Use an 18mm Socket to remove the mounting nuts (4 per side) for the lower brackets on each frame rail. Then, remove these brackets. Save these bolts for reuse. (Fig F)
- Prepare to install your new 2017 Ford Super Duty Front Bumper
If you need additional support or have questions, feel free to give us a call and talk to one of our Ford Super Duty specialists at (855) 233-8992