Talon 12.5i SR Winch | Superwinch
The all NEW TALON Performance Series is a game changer and has the potential to alter the outcome of the global winch industry. AKA, The Winch of Prey, designed and engineered by Superwinch.
This is the industry's best truly sealed vehicle recovery winch assembly. All seals on the entire Superwinch Talon 9.5 meet the IP67 standard, from the outermost end of the high performance motor and groundbreaking solenoid to the 2-stage planetary and 2-stage spur gearbox.
The sealed 6 HP motor delivers a quick but safe 62 FPM line speed at a low 75 amp draw. Heat sink-styled motor cap maintains low temperatures under the heaviest loads.
The solenoid will keep out water, mud, snow, and dust and has a patented venting feature that allows the contacts to resist water and release contact damaging internal condensation. The VS4 Solenoid (Vented, Submersible, and Stabilized with Sealed Socket) is simply the best winch solenoid in the world, and it's located inside this modern-styled rugged enclosure.
Superwinch synthetic ropes are genuine AmSteel-Blue™ with Samthane™, a special coating to help resist abrasion. The raw material in AmSteel-Blue™ is made from genuine Dyneema® SK-75 HMPE fiber, "which is the worlds strongest fiber™" made by Samson Rope Technologies.
AmSteel®-Blue is a torque-free 12-strand single braid that yields the maximum in strength-to-weight ratio and, size for size, is the same strength as steel—yet it floats. AmSteel®-Blue outlasts wire 3:1, making it an excellent wire rope replacement. It has extremely low stretch and superior flex fatigue and wear resistance. Average strength is 19,600 lbs. and minimum strength is 17,600 lbs. Elastic elongation is only 0.96% at 30% of the break strength.
- Rated Line Pull: 12,500 lbs (5,670 kgs)
- Motor: Sealed 6 hp (4.8 kw) Series Wound
- Gearing: 2-Stage Planetary and 2-Stage Spur
- Gear Ratio: 148:1
- Solenoid: Vented, Sealed Submersible Solenoid with 3-Year Warranty
- Clutch: Free-spooling Clutch/Pull and Turn
- Brake: Automatic/100% Load Holding (outside of drum)
- Rope: Synthetic Rope 3/8” x 80’ (9.5mm x 24.4m)
- Hook: Heavy Duty/Clevis Pinned/Latched
- Fairlead: Anodized Blue Aluminum Hawse with Engraved Superwinch Logo
- Remote: 15' Sealed Ergonomic Hand-held with Coiled Cord
- Dimensions: 24.57” L x 6.20” D x 10.95 ”H (624.20mm L x 157.50mm D x 278.15mm H)
- Drum Diameter: 2.5” (63.5mm)
- Drum Length: 8.75” (222.2mm)
- Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10” x 4.5” (254mm x 114.3mm)
- Installed Weight: 68 lbs (31 kgs)
- Shipping Weight: 81 lbs (37 kgs)
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty/3-Year Electrical
- UPC: 0 22705 16901 1
- Line Pull: 0 lbs : 75 Amps Motor Draw / 62 FPM (18.9 MPM) Line Speed
- Line Pull: 12,500 lbs : 530 Amps Motor Draw / 3.25 FPM (.99 MPM) Line Speed