Ford has finally officially revealed the 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew. We have already seen picture leaks of the SuperCrew model out in the wild, but preparing for this year's Detroit AutoShow Ford has gone all out to reveal this new 2017 Raptor SuperCrew.
The Ford Raptor was built on the basis of Baja race truck design, with a purpose-built engine, chassis and suspension for off-road performance and capability. SuperCrew models don't sacrifice this performance while providing four full-sized doors for rear passengers for more legroom and comfort. 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew trims have a 145-inch wheelbase that is 12 inches longer than the standard SuperCab 133-inch wheelbase.
- Roomier: All-new Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew adds room for passengers and gear, expanding choice and versatility in the toughest, smartest, most capable F-150 Raptor ever
- More agile: Enhanced suspension, use of advanced materials, all-new EcoBoost engine technology plus smart engineering saves up to 500 pounds, for improved power-to-weight ratio for even better off-road agility than previous F-150 Raptor
- Unmatched performance: All-new high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost, all-new 10-speed transmission and torque-on-demand transfer case make F-150 Raptor even more powerful, efficient and easy to drive off-road
- Better traction: Segment-exclusive redesigned beadlock-capable wheels help increase grip in low-traction conditions; unique Avalanche Grey color signifies Raptor's Ford Performance tie
Improving the Raptor's off-road capability the 2017 Raptor features an all-new Terrain Management System to assist drivers through various environmental conditions.
Six preset modes help the truck power through different terrain and driving conditions:
- Normal mode for everyday driving
- Street mode for higher-performance, on-road driving
- Weather mode for rain, snow or ice
- Mud and sand mode for muddy and sandy trails and terrain
- Baja mode for high-speed desert running and
- Rock mode for low-speed rock crawling
Ford assures us that the 2017 Raptor is going to be the most capable F-150 Raptor ever. With an available Torsen front differential, increasing grip for the front of the truck allowing the 2017 Raptor to pull itself over obstacles.
FOX Racing Shox come standard in the 2017 Ford Raptor with custom internal bypass technology to help prevent the truck from bottoming out over rough terrain. Both front and rear shock canisters have increased in diameter from 2.5 inches to 3 inches for improved performance. Featuring more suspension travel than the current Raptor with 11.2 inches in the front and 12 inches in the rear.
Be sure to check back at Addictive Desert Designs towards the end of the year as we have some great aftermarket parts planned for this truck.
Leave a comment