2014-2018 Toyota Tundra Front Bumper Removal
Looking to safely remove your Toyota Tundra front bumper? Follow this simple remove guide to remove a stock front bumper for the 2014-2018 Toyota Tundra.
Tundra Front Bumper Removal Preparation:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the emergency brake.
- We recommend reading through the installation instructions in whole before performing the work.
You will need the following tools:
- 10mm Socket
- 12mm Socket
- 14mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
2014-2018 Toyota Tundra Front Bumper Removal:
1. Unplug the fog light connector and front parking sensor connector on each side of the bumper. (Fig A)
2. From underneath the truck, remove the 3 bolts (10mm) along the bottom edge of your bumper. (Fig B)
3. Using a 12mm Socket, remove the 5 bolts holding on your skid plate. Then, remove the skid plate from the vehicle. (Fig C)
4. There is one plastic clip (per side) that needs to be removed. This plastic clip sits in the front lower portion of each of your wheel wells. (Fig D)
5. Using a 14mm Socket, remove the bumper mounting nuts. There are 8 total, 4 per side. Set these nuts aside for reuse. (Fig E)
6. Pull the OEM Bumper off the truck.
7. Use a 17mm Socket to remove the two tow hook bolts (per side). Then, remove the tow hooks. Save two of these bolts for reuse. (Fig F)
8. Remove the parking sensors from the OEM Bumper. First, unplug the parking sensor. Then, slide the white plastic piece to the side. Finally, push the sensor out the front of the bumper. Make sure to keep track of the position of the parking sensors so you can install them on your new bumper in the same position. (Fig G)
9. Remove each parking sensor harness from the OEM bumper by releasing the two plastic clips. Keep track of which side each harness came off of, so that you can install them on your new bumper on the same side. (Fig H)
Questions, comments or concerns? Feel free to give us a call to talk to our Tundra product experts at (480) 671-0820. Now that the stock front bumper has been removed, feel free to browse all of our Tundra Bumpers. Sort by size, style, and budget and customize it the way you want it!