Wondering how to remove your Toyota Tacoma Front Bumper without damaging the truck? Let us help. Below you will find a step-by-step guide that will guide you through the simple removal process. If you follow these steps correctly, you should have the bumper taken off in no time at all.
Now let's begin...
- Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the emergency brake.
- We recommend reading through the installation instructions in whole before performing the work.
- Estimated Installation Time: 3 Hours
- You will need the following tools:
- 10mm Socket
- 12mm Socket
- 14mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- 3/16" Allen Wrench
- 1/2" Wrench
- Cutoff Wheel
- Measuring Tape
Tacoma Bumper Removal
- From underneath the truck, unplug the connector on the back side of your fog lights.
- Using a 17mm and a 12mm Socket, remove your skid plate mounting bolts (x6), then remove the skid plate. (Fig A)
- Using a 10mm Socket, remove the lower Bumper Bolts (x6). (Fig B)
- If your vehicle has fender flares, use a 10mm Socket to remove the fender flare bolts along the inside of your wheel well (6 per side). (Fig C)
- Release enough of the plastic clips holding your fender flare on to be able to pull it back and out of your way. You may remove this flare completely if you desire, but it is not necessary. (Fig D)
- Measure and cut your OEM bumper.
- Follow the bodyline just above your fog light. Measure from the bottom of the radius of this body line downwards 2 7/8". (Fig E)
- Find the union between the fender and the bumper. (Fig F)
- Follow the body line at the top of the fog light pocket. (Fig G)
- Join these three points together to form a line. (Fig H)
- When you cut this line, leave about 1/8"-1/4" of material to ensure you do not cut off too much material. (Fig I)
- Bolt the bracket to the stock cooler location using the OEM bolt. (Fig S)
- Bolt the cooler to the supplied bracket using the supplied 3/8" Bolt, Washer, and Nut. (Fig T)
Your truck is now ready to install our aftermarket Toyota Tacoma bumpers.
If you have any additional questions about the Toyota Tacoma front bumper removal process contact us at email@example.com or (855) 233-8992 and one of our technical specialists will be able to assist you.