The latest rival for the Ford F-150 Tremor and the Ram Rebel 1500, the 2022-2023 Chevy Silverado ZR2, is slated to hit showrooms in spring of 2022. ADD Offroad will be releasing a line of Silverado ZR2 parts & accessories to include front & rear bumpers. Check out our current offerings for the Colorado ZR2 for a taste of what's to come for the Silverado.
GM released released information on the main features of the ZR2, but pricing is yet to come. The most important of which are the multimatic spool-valve dampers, electronic-locking front and rear differentials, 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory tires, and it's 6.2-liter 420 horsepower V-8 engine. It's steel front bumper has a 31.8-degree approach angle, higher than every other Silverado trim levels. These features definitely make it the most capable off-road truck in their lineup, but it falls short of being considered a high-performance off-road truck.
2022 SILVERADO ZR2 FEATURES
- 420 horsepower 6.2-liter V8 with 460 lb.-ft. of torque
- 10-speed automatic transmission with the Electronic Transmission Range Selector
- Multimattic DSSV spool-valve dampers
- Steel front bumper with 31-degree approach angle
- Enhanced 2-speed transfer case with Terrain Mode
- 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory off-road tires
- Skid plates geared towards both sand and rock protection
- Dual exhaust that is tucked away for a better departure angle
- ZR2 interior package including a 13.4-inch diagonal touch-screen
- Blacked out grille with the new 'flowtie' chevy logo for better airflow to engine
- A stylized raised hood with insert
- ZR2 wheel opening moldings
- Black bezeled LED headlights with tracer animations
- Electronic transmission range selector
- 12.3-inch diagonal driver information center
2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2 News & Information
GM recently confirmed the upcoming 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2, the latest rival for the F-150 Tremor and Ram Rebel. But don't expect it to hold up against the Raptor or TRX.