While the new 2018 F-150 has been out a while now, removal guides on the internet haven't been the best. And when you just spent a fair amount on your Truck, the last thing you want to do is ruin it or pull something off that wasn't meant to come off. At Addictive Desert Designs, we strive to give the best products, information or whatever it may be and removal & install guides are no exception. Follow these easy 13 steps to safely remove your 2018 Ford F-150 Stock Front Bumper.
Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the emergency brake.
- 5.5mm Socket
- 7mm Socket
- 10mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- Black Paint
2018 Ford F-150 Stock Bumper Removal:
1. From underneath the truck, unplug the fog light connectors.
2. Pull the front plastic pods off each end of the OEM bumper. There are no tools required for this step, they simply pull off by hand. (Fig A)
3. From underneath the truck, remove the two plastic clips holding the fog light harness to the OEM bumper. (Fig B)
4. Using a 21mm Socket, remove the OEM bumper mounting bolts. There are two (per side) on the front side of the bumper and one (per side) on the rear side of the bumper. (Fig C)
5. Remove the OEM Bumper from the vehicle.
6. Using a 7mm Socket, remove the two most forward bolts in the wheel well of your vehicle. (Fig D)
7. Using a 5.5mm Socket, remove the two inner fender bolts referenced in (Fig E).
8. Pull the fender flare free the from the valance. Then, pull the valance free to expose the air dam sitting behind it. (Fig F)
9. Remove the plastic clip that was sitting just behind the fender flare. (Fig G)
10. Using a 10mm Socket, remove the air dam mounting bolts (x3). Then, remove this air dam from the vehicle (Fig H).
11. Push the valance back into place on the truck until it clicks into place. Then, push the fender flare back into place and reinstall the bolts you removed in Step 7.
12. Repeat Steps 7-12 on the other side of the vehicle.mounting and wiring information.
13. Using a reciprocating saw or something similar, cut off the crash bars in the front section of each wheel well. Make sure to paint over any bare metal when you are done. (Fig I)
And there you have it. You have safely removed your 2018 Ford F-150 Stock Front Bumper. Now you can head over to our selection of 2018 F150 Bumpers and see which one suits your needs.